Two food processors and blenders with a glass bowl or jug
This article will review some great food processors and blenders around today with a glass bowl. Seeing as food processors with glass bowls are very rare in this market (though we still managed to find a great one), it may be a good idea to consider buying one to the right of this page, or a chopper or blender instead which are both capable of doing similar tasks. We have included reviews of these too below.
Benefits of a glass bowl over traditional plastic bowls
The main benefit is a big one; the peace of mind you get that you processor or chopper is 100% BPA free and safe from potentially toxic chemicals. This is very important if you want to keep those you cook for healthy, especially including children or the elderly.
Glass bowls have the addited benefit of being much more resistant to scratches, stains, cracking or damage than the usual plastic bowls and so they tend to last much longer.
They also don’t absorb smells and flavours like plastic bowls do, so flavours from past foods won’t have an effect on the next meal. Another alternative is getting a stainless steel food processor, but these too are a rare find.
Top blender with glass jug
Oster 6 cup reverse crush counterforms Blender
- Has a 6 cup dishwaser safe glass jar.
- The motor is a powerful 600 watts.
- Performs well and is long lasting.
- The reverse motor functionality keeps the blending smooth consistently by pulling in all of the substances into the blades.
- Features 7 speed settings including a pulse setting for brilliant precision.
- Has many pre-programmed blend settings for easy one touch operation for different jobs if you don’t want to do it manually.
- Comes with 1 year warrenty with a 3 year customer satisfaction guarantee.
The not so good
- It’s a powerful blender so is noisy at high speeds.
See customer feedback and the current price
The greatest with a glass bowl
Like stainless steel food processors, the are very rare and whenever they can be found they usually sell out fast. After looking around the internet for a while we found that the best currently available is the Russell Hobbs Mini.
It’s little so is most suited for low volume jobs. This is currently only available from the UK, but if you’re a US viewer you can buy from here too as long as you don’t mind paying the shipping fee to get your hands on one.
- Has a 4 cup (1 litre) glass bowl.
- Has stainless steel chopping blades which is universal and suitable for all food types.
- Good for vegetables, child food, nuts, herbs, cheese and sauces / dips.
- It’s low in cost.
- Takes up very little room in the kitchen.
- Comes with an extra spatula.
- Comes with 1 year warranty.
- Suitable for dishwasher use.
The not so good
- The blades do not reach the very bottom of the bowl so it’s not suitable for very small amounts at a time.
See customer reviews and the current price
Be sure to look at our other categories if you didn’t find one appropriate for you here as we have many for all types of different needs. For instance, our food processors designed for the needs of babies page or return to the homepage to see short breakdowns of the three to the side of this page.